Survey? x

We'd welcome your feedback!

Thank you for visiting our website. You have been selected to participate in a brief customer satisfaction survey to let us know how we can improve your experience.

The Survey is designed to measure your website experience you have had today and will only take a few minutes of your time.


My account has been transferred into Collections. When will I be able to use my card again?

If your payment covers the full arrears on your account, then you will be able to use your card when the payment has been processed. All payments made before 6pm will be reflected on your account by 7am the next working day.

Unfortunately, this does not apply if your card facility has been withdrawn or if the balance remains over your credit limit.

How does my account being overdue affecting my Credit Rating?

As a responsible lender, we have an obligation to continue to provide information regarding your account status to the Credit Reference Agencies. It is important we advise you of this as the status of your account, including whether we have agreed a repayment plan with you, may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Will you continue to contact me regarding my account?

We will continue to contact you unless you are on an agreed repayment plan or your payment clears the full arrears on your account.

Will I continue to be charged interest?

If you are experiencing financial difficulty we will review your financial circumstances with you and this may affect the interest you are charged. Unless we agree to change your interest rate you will continue to be charged your standard interest rate.

Will I continue to be charged fees if I make a payment?

If your payment clears the full minimum payment on your account, and is received by the payment due date, then no further fees will be charged to your account.

If the balance on your account remains over your credit limit charges may still be applied.

What happens if I don't make any payments?

If you are unable to keep your payments up to date you should contact us as soon as possible as we may be able to help you. Our contact number is Barclaycard 0800 161 5246.

You can also contact the following not-for-profit organisations for free, confidential and impartial debt advice, or for details of where to get such advice in your area.

Citizens Advice Bureau: For advice and information on debt and other topics, visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (address in the phone book) or go to (England & Wales), (Scotland) or (Northern Ireland).

National Debtline: If you live in England, Wales or Scotland phone 0808 808 4000 or visit for debt advice and information

My Money Steps: Money Steps is a new website where borrowers can get access to straight forward advice, information and the practical support they need to help them manage their borrowing and take control of their finances. For many who struggle to access free debt advice, using My Money Steps could be the vital first step to taking back control. It is free, impartial and backed by the Money Advice Trust, one of the UK's leading debt advice charities and Barclaycard.

Stepchange Debt Charity: For debt advice throughout the UK phone 0800 138 1111 or visit

If you do not contact us and do not make any payments the following may happen:

  • Your Credit rating may be adversely affected.
  • Fees will continue to be charged to your account.
  • Your account may be referred to a Debt Collection Agency.
  • The Debt Collection Agency may instruct a doorstep Collector to call at your home address.
  • The full balance on your account may become immediately due & payable.
  • Your account may be sold to a Debt Purchaser who will actively pursue the debt.
  • I have appointed a Debt Management Company to deal with all of my creditors, what do I need to do?

    If you have already informed us you have appointed a Debt Management Company, please contact the company for any progress updates.

    If you have not informed us you have appointed a Debt Management Company, please call us on 0844 556 0066, and we can update your records and give you time while your Debt Management Plan is being arranged.

    I have received a "Right of Set Off" letter - what should I do?

    If you have received a letter from us about a "right of set off" we suggest you do not use the web service and instead call us on 0800 161 5246 to discuss what action you need to take.

    When is my next payment due?

    Any overdue payments on your account are due immediately. Your next payment due date can be viewed on the 'Summary of My Account' page once you have successfully logged in to your account.

    Can I pay by standing order?

    You can not set up a standing order through this facility but we will accept payment by this method on your Barclaycard account to pay at least the minimum payment each month. If you only make the minimum payment it will take longer and cost you more to clear your balance. It's important that you make sure the payment will reach us before your payment due date shown on your statement.

    When you set up your standing order through your bank you will need to include the following information:
    a. Sort Code: 20-04-15
    b. Account number: 38290008
    c. Reference: this is your Barclaycard Credit Card number with no spaces or dashes

    Can I pay by credit card?

    We accept payment by Mastercard or Visa credit cards. You should be aware that the card you use to make the payment may have a higher interest rate than the Barclaycard you are paying and that using a credit card to pay another credit card debt is not recommended as a long term solution. To understand all your options, please call us on 0800 161 5246.

    What cards do you accept for payment?

    Through this payment service you can make a payment to your Barclaycard account using any UK debit or credit card from Visa or MasterCard with the exception that you cannot use another Barclaycard.

    What is a recurring transaction?

    A recurring transaction is a regular payment which you set up to authorise a third party, like Barclaycard, to debit automatically at regular intervals from another bank or credit card account held by you.

    How do I cancel a regular payment?

    You can cancel a regular payment which you set up to make payments to Barclaycard by asking us to do so. You can also ask your bank or credit card issuer which provides the account from which the debit is taken, but we recommend that you also notify us in all cases because cancelling a regular payment could make your repayment plan invalid. To stop a particular payment you must cancel the regular payment by close of business on the working day before the payment is due to be debited from your other account.

    What happens if I cancel a regular payment?

    If you cancel a regular payment without putting in place an alternative method of payment you may be in breach of your repayment plan arrangement with us. In this case, your repayment plan may be terminated and you may be charged your full contractual interest rates on the outstanding balance. If you wish to cancel a regular payment which you have set up to pay a repayment plan, we suggest that you always talk to us first to discuss the options available to you. You should contact us on 0800 161 5246.

    Can I pay using Automated Funds Transfer service?

    You cannot set up Automated Funds Transfer through this facility as you can only use this service in your account holding branch because your instruction must be given to us in writing and you will need to show us some proof of your identity, like a passport or driving license.

    Any payments you make using this method will be shown on your account the next working day.

    Please use the following details:
    Sort code: 20-04-15
    Account number: 68088306

    A charge may be made by your bank for this service.

    Can I pay my Barclaycard using a non Sterling cheque?

    Yes, you can choose to send us a payment using a non Sterling cheque and we will convert the payment to Sterling before we credit your account free of charge. Unfortunately we can't accept payment via foreign cheques unless they are equal to or more than £100 Sterling.

    What is the postal address to send my Barclaycard payment to?

    If you wish to make a postal payment please send the payment to Dept. PP, Bolton, BL11 1XX.

    Please ensure you make your cheque payable to Barclaycard, quoting your Barclaycard number on the reverse of the cheque.

    Can I pay by Direct Debit?

    You cannot set up a direct debit through this website. If you want your payments to be collected from your bank account you can do this using your debit card. Where you agree payments agreed under a repayment plan can be collected automatically from your card this will be a recurring transaction agreement. You can find more information about recurring transactions in the section What is a recurring transaction?

    How do I make an electronic payment from abroad?

    You'll need the following information:

    - Swift reference BARCGB22
    - Sort Code 20-04-15
    - Payee Barclaycard
    - Address Barclaycard, Northampton, NN4 7SG
    - IBAN number GB75BARC20041568088306
    - The customers full name and address
    - The amount to be paid
    - The full 16 digit card number

    Can I pay by telegraphic transfer?

    You cannot set up telegraphic transfer through this facility but we will accept payment by this method. Please use the following details when setting this up:

    Sort Code: 20-32-53
    Payee: Barclays Bank, Barclaycard Northampton
    Address: Barclays Bank International, Poole

    Please quote your full Barclaycard account number - the long number across the front of your card.

    A charge may be made by your bank for this service.

    Can I change or cancel a future payment?

    You are entitled to change or cancel a payment and can do this by calling us on 0800 161 5246. We ask you to call so that we can help you keep any repayments plans active and avoid any impact on your credit file. If you wish to make your payment for a higher amount or to make it earlier, you can do this online.

    How can I obtain a refund or cancel a payment I have made?

    Please give us a call on 0800 161 5246 to discuss a refund or payment cancellation.

    When will my balance be updated?

    Your available balance to spend will be updated within 2 hours. However, the actual transaction will take up to 2 working days to be visible on your account.

    Where any arrears have been cleared in full and you were previously unable to use your card, we will run some checks to satisfy ourselves that it is appropriate for you to have further credit. These will take up to 2 working days. If however any arrears remain, you will still not be able to use your card.

    If you are in any doubt, please call us on 0800 161 5246.

    Why is my payment showing as "Payment Pending"?

    Payments made do not update the balances shown on the website (such as account balance and arrears) immediately. Payments are therefore shown as "pending" until they are reflected in your balances, so you know which are included and which are not yet included. Payments will change from "pending" to "completed", once they are applied to your balances (overnight, working days Monday to Friday).

    Why can't I see all my accounts?

    This service only provides access to Barclaycard accounts which are overdue for payment so you will not be able to access any of your other accounts which are not overdue for payment. If your other accounts are overdue but you cannot access them via this service please call us on 0800 161 5246 so we can link the accounts and make them available to you via this service.

    I already have a payment plan set up. Why can't I see my plan here?

    This service only shows payment plans set up via this site. If you agreed you payment plan by calling our team you will not be able to access it on this website.

    If you want to discuss your existing payment plan please call us on 0800 161 5246.

    Why are my future payments not showing?

    If you arranged future payments or a repayment plan by telephone, your future payments will not be shown on the website at this time. For details of your payments, please call us on 0800 161 5246.

    How do I get a copy of an old statement?

    Registering for mybarclaycard will enable you to access up to 12 months statements, please follow the registration/log in links.

    Alternatively, you can call us on 0844 556 0066 to request a copy statement. A £2.00 fee will be charged per copy statement